Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bad day at Black Rock...something like that anyway

Sully and I sort of tolerated each other.  I had my opinion of him, and vise versa, so it was kind of hard for me to ask him about a so called night on the town, but I did.  Man, I don't know how I got the words out.  Still one week after I bought up the subject, he and I headed out. 

There was a town, if you can call it that, about thirty miles west of the ranch.  Now, I come from a small town, but this, man, small just doesn't cut it.  There were eight houses, another Exxon station, and a bar. When we walked inside the place, there were like four people.  Three sitting at a table, and one female bartender.  She knew Sully, and it made me wonder if he and her, well, you know.  I mean, she like winked at him, reached for his hand.  What's a dude suppose to think?

We sat at the bar, and after an hour or so, I got sorta disgusted.  Sully and this bar maid were making google eyes at each other.  Me on the other hand, I'd have had a better time lying in my bunk exercising my right hand.  Finally, two couples came in.  One of the ladies was kinda hot looking.  Okay, so I'm a little vain, but I've been known to turn some heads, and I couldn't help but stare at her, and the eyes in the back of my head felt like she was staring back.   Yah, okay, I know where you think this is leading, but you'd be wrong.   It didn't end in any freakin' bar fight.  Why, because the bar maid's girlfriend walked in and sat down right beside me.

She was older than me, and a little on the plump side, sorta cute, and sorta drunk.  Man, at this point, three beers and three shots later, even a tree trunk would look good.  She asked me all the obvious questions, name, rank, and serial number type.  When I stood up and headed to the "cowpokes" room, she planted her open plam on the red tab of my 501's and squeezed.  From the table where those two couples sat, I heard a loud laugh, and when I turned that good looking chick was staring right at me.  I wanted to tip my hat towards her, but thought better of it with the look on her boyfriends face.

What I didn't count on was that laugh provoking a reaction from the lady with her hand on my posterior.  Man, for some reason, it struck her the wrong way.  She was pissed.   She leaped off  that bar stool and the confrontation was on.  Okay, I'll admit it, I got a big head over it, at first anyway.  But when she reached the table with her fists doubled, that changed real quick like.  I ran over, and grabbed her by the waist.  Hauling her away from the table took some doing.  I dragged her outside, and before I knew it, she flung me up against the side of Sully's truck.  Man, she began unsnapping the pearl buttons on my shirt, then let her hands drift down onto my crotch, and wham, shes on her knees about to make me one happy dude.  

My jeans had only been worn a couple times, so the button fly wasn't the easiest to deal with, but did she have any problem, no sir.  Holy crap.  One freakin' button to go, and who walks out of the bar but the two couples.  They stopped to take in the show; started yelling some pretty unflattering stuff, which didn't go over to well, especially with little miss on her knees.  She forgot all about me, and made a bee line towards them.  I was, well, lets say, a somewhat precarious position.  The boyfriend of that good looking chick stepped in.  He got slapped and punched a couple times, but tossed little miss on her knees aside like a rag doll, and the two couples left.   By now, I'll refer to it as the "moment", had passed.  I buttoned up and walked over to this pathetic woman, crying.  She shoved me aside, and just sat there sobbing.  I knelt down beside her.  Then Sully comes running out, and without asking what the hell happened, takes one look at things, and jumps me.

I tried explaning to him what happened, but after a couple good ones to my jaw, I decided the hell with it.  We wrestled around, and I finally got the whip hand on him, pounded him good, until the flashing red lights caught my eye.  The only freaking Sheriff within fifty miles shows up, and arrests us both for being drunk and disorderly.  Talk about a trumped up charge.  The only person who did not find this episode amusing was Hank nor the owner of the ranch.

To say he pinned our ears back, a total understatement.  I was sure he was going to send me packing. I didn't care much what happened to Sully.   But he didn't.  Instead, for the next few days, we had to clean every fricking stall on the place.  I swear, he brought every horse he could find into that barn and let them do what they're best at.  It seemed like we'd no sooner get a stall clean when there was another horse depositing a fresh pile of apples.   Pissed, you damn right I was.  What I wasn't prepared for, was what happened next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment